Room 613 Talk

Class Weblog and Podcasts for Mr. Hetherington’s 6th Grade Social Studies Class in Connecticut, USA

Room 613 Talk Panther Podcast, December 5, 2005 Holiday Edition

December 5, 2005 by Mr. Hetherington · 3 Comments · Podcasts, Uncategorized

Room 613 Talk Podcast – 12-05-05

Click here to listen to our 3rd Podcast, the Holiday edition!

Our third podcast features the Porter 6th Grade Chorus… enjoy the music while listening to our student reporters.

————————————————————————-

Show notes for our 12-05-2005 show:

Mesopotamia by Maya and Ryan

The Hippo Song sung by Meagan and Madison

A Visitor from China by Kelley, Sarah and Brianna. This segment includes an interview with the principal, Mr. Lazaroff

The Turkey Song performed by Maya, Kim, Alex C. and Celeste

Math Wonders with Miss V. by Ali R.

Mail for 613 – We respond to a letter from Ms. Shanks, a teacher in Colorado City, Colorado, who had questions about our podcast.

The School Play (A Christmas Carol) by Victoria and Brianne

“Spirits Gonna Get You” performed by the 6th Grade Chorus

_____________________________________________

Music for this podcast:

Spirit’s Gonna Get You (composer John Higgins) performed by the Horace W. Porter 6th Grade Chorus under the direction of Mrs. Janet Stice

I Want a Hippopotamous for Christmas – written by John Rox

Could It Be Bop by Monika Herzig from GarageBand.com

I Will Survive Thanksgiving Turkey Song Lyrics – American Greetings Inc.

If you like the show, we would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment or send an email to [email protected]

3 Comments so far ↓

• Mr. Lazaroff

Amazing! The Podcasts just keep getting better and better. Of course, your interview with the Principal was absolutely wonderful. I don’t know if I had a “fovorite” section this time, but I laughed a lot during the “I will survive Thanksgiving Turkey song”. All of you did a fantastic job taking your time, speaking clearly and slowly, and making sure that we listeners could understand every word. Great job! I also liked listening to the Podcasts from the other schools you included on your website. It’s very interesting to see what others are doing. I think Porter School can more than hold its own in that list of talented schools. Congratulations on a job VERY WELL DONE!

• coolcatteacher

Excellent! I’m impressed. I blogged about you today at http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/.

• Suzanne Shanks

Wow, I’m impressed that you answered my questions in your podcast! Thanks for doing that. I enjoyed the section on Mesopotamia because I used to teach that to our 7th Graders. Also, one of my best friends teaches it across the hall from my computer lab. Guess what? She has been to China twice to teach English and she’s hosted exchange teachers from Japan! So I’ll be eager to hear about Mr. Lazaroff’s Chinese visitor’s trip to your town. One of my 8th Graders can’t get enough of the Hippopotamus song — I’ll be sure to send her to your podcast because I know she’ll love it. You said it’s hard to find things to write that are interesting. I think you succeeded tremendously because of the segments I mentioned above. Congratulations.

Thanks again for the advice about podcasting! I hope to be in touch with your again.

Ms. Shanks, Colorado Springs, Colorado